I am a bit disappointed with myself. I thought I had the drive and the will power to turn our dismal writing performance around, but I am as lackadaisical as everyone else. I blame it on the heat, but that is a lame excuse. The truth is, I am tired. I am frustrated by everyone trying to establish a "social" life or even a love life, at the expense of what is really important - our writing. All the lovers and even the friends will drop by the wayside, but the writing remains. We should be focusing all of our energies on that.
I am also discouraged by my weight. I've gained another five pounds in the past month, and I have almost no chance of getting rid of it. My sedentary life does not bode well for burning calories, and my lousy dietetic choices only add to my weight gain. I need a lot more discipline, and I simply don't have the drive and will power to do that.
I need to make a change in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment